Friday, June 5, 2015

Meeting Anne Perry!

One of my favorite things to do is go to all the local book signings. I've met a lot of great authors and amazing aspiring authors. But, the only ones I like to blog about are the ones that touched me the most and inspired my writing.

Anne Perry comes from a not so happy past. A darker past than most people could imagine. I'm not going to get into that. What she did though with the rest of her life, is amazing. She is the perfect example of what the power of repentance can do and how it can turn your life completely around. She's the perfect example of how you can come out of the darkest corners of the earth and back into the light. She is also a constant reminder that we are not here to place judgement on others. It doesn't matter what someone else does, we aren't in their shoes or feeling their emotions. We can't possibly imagine what kind of pain or joy someone else is feeling. She inspires hope for those that think they are stuck in a dark place. You can get out, and you can find the light and you can turn your life into something beautiful and full of light.

You shouldn't judge other people. Yes, it's important to be careful. However, make friends in all places of the world because just because they are or aren't religious, or they have a different opinion, live a different lifestyle than you, it doesn't mean they are a bad person, it just means they are different from you and to be honest, different is what makes this world a better place. I'd be SO bored if my best friends were just like me. Take a risk, because the reward is so much better. All my friends have taught me something new and inspired me in my life and because of that, it makes me want and be a better person. If you go around just hating all the time, it doesn't do anyone any good. Hating is part of being stuck in the dark. Open your mind to the beauty of the world around you or you might miss something more amazing than you could ever imagine.


Excited to meet and have Anne Perry sign my copies of her books!

Me and Anne Perry herself!



(If you google her, be sure to watch her interviews instead so you can understand what I am talking about. She truly is remarkable.)




No comments:

Post a Comment